I am a critical care nurse, a travel nurse, a travel lover, a dog lover, a dog mom, an introvert (although at work, you'd guess I am extroverted), an empath, an INFJ, a truth seeker, a dreamer, a deeply serious soul with a wicked sense of humor, an aunt, a friend, a daughter, and a sister. These are my thoughts and experiences about nursing and life. I have changed quite a bit since starting this blog, but to honor where I have been and where I am going I have kept all my entries whether or not they are memories that I want to keep. My goal in life is to obtain inner peace, be the change, and mostly to be a beautiful soul! Namaste, my friends!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Triptan family...yeah you're trippin' you mean

Yes I know I'm posting twice in a day, but whatever. So I've been getting migraines like once or twice a week every week for the past 6 months, which is not very conducive to good studying in nursing school. Anyways, I went to the MD today because I'm on some pretty hard core medications and obviously they're not working as well as they should be. So guess what he told me? Apparently I need MUCH less stress in my life. Yeah, I nearly burst out laughing. hahahahaha How the heck am I supposed to pull that one off?! I'm sorry but I'm in nursing school, not exactly easy. VERY stressful. Add to that family, friends, finances, health, etc. Yeah right, less stress, no problem. HA. So now I need to find more ways to relieve stress in my life, lovely. OK, I'm going to start Jiu-Jitsu again, because beating the hell outta something sure beats anything else for stress relief. The MD said it was my choice if I chose to stay in my current accelerated second bachelor's nursing program, but obviously it's affecting my health and he didn't recommend it. Gee thanks, buddy. Maybe I'll just drop out. :-P
(Of course he just means slow down a bit) You mean I not Superwoman?! NO WAY!!!!!!