I am a critical care nurse, a travel nurse, a travel lover, a dog lover, a dog mom, an introvert (although at work, you'd guess I am extroverted), an empath, an INFJ, a truth seeker, a dreamer, a deeply serious soul with a wicked sense of humor, an aunt, a friend, a daughter, and a sister. These are my thoughts and experiences about nursing and life. I have changed quite a bit since starting this blog, but to honor where I have been and where I am going I have kept all my entries whether or not they are memories that I want to keep. My goal in life is to obtain inner peace, be the change, and mostly to be a beautiful soul! Namaste, my friends!!

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rachael Sage - Jane's Dimitri (live)

Grrrr....OK, so this post actually goes with the YouTube video several posts above it that's got the same title "Rachael Sage- Jane's Dimitri (live)." It was fine and then I broke it, obviously. Once you post a video you apparently can't edit....boooo. Or I'm too dumb to figure it out, and I have no time to do it right now. Nevermind. Blah.

I'm not normally this serious, but today I was a bit contemplative on what I'm doing with my life or more like what I have to look forward to right now in my life aka almost nothing. This song exemplifies what I think is one of our biggest fears..."the moment that she realized she'd already had the love of her life it was 50 years and 5 minutes too late." Is that a depressing thought? Yes, but it's honest. Do I think it's really true in my life? Probably not, but at one time I did think it was true. That's what painful relationships do to ya. This somewhat crappy video cuts off the song, but the rest of the lyrics are interesting as well. She moves on with her life in the song "she stopped crying after 12 months, she stopped writing after 6." We all move on, but every relationship we have leaves it's imprint on us....hopefully one will actually work eventually. Relationships are hard work though, especially marriage. But we all like to hold onto our fairytales, I mean what girl doesn't want a guy to "follow[ed] her halfway across the earth..."? Don't get any ideas...I'm NOT ready to get married right at the moment. That would actually require me to be more than just every guy's best friend, ha, yeah right. According to Terrell, I'm not dateable, the punk :P. Well it's easier to just beat the guy up than to date him, if you ask me. Uh, I mean...ok, not always. But in my opinion most of the guys I know need to be thrown in a ditch. Of course with my luck, I'd probably get pulled in after them. Go figure. Of course that doesn't necessarily have to end badly for either of us, but most guys are too dense to figure out the rest of that scenario without completely botching it. Man I'm a tease. ;) Oh well, I'm good at it and it's fun. Fairytales don't exist. No one will ever follow me halfway around the earth. Pain is real, but so is joy. So in the meantime....I'm supposed to be writing a paper, BOOORING and I'd rather be throwing a guy or two that I know in a ditch...I guess I'll just have to dream about it instead. :)

P.S. When I said I like random/ everything music I really wasn't kidding....just look at my playlist on Myspace. I love stealing other people's music too, so share with me....um, please.