My roommate told me to write this one, so here goes…I went to Utah several weeks ago, which was really fun as weird as it is to go back after being away for over a year. Although I went to school there for 5 ½ years I never really liked living there, unfortunately. But going back there I found there were a few things I really missed. Ok, I have no idea why I wrote any of that….Oh yeah, I remember now, I didn't really want to come back to Virginia after being in Utah for a week. Even though I only saw a few friends in Utah (most of my friends are spread all over the U.S. now) and there's not much there for me, I still found a few very compelling reasons to stay. I also really miss my family, especially my nephew and nieces. I lived with them for the last 6 months of my time in Utah and so it's very easy to go back and fit right into their family again. Anyways, before I get really nostalgic, I'm going to move on. I also had a really, really, really BAD sunburn from playing in the kiddie pool the day before. I know, brilliant Jennie. So needless to say, I did not want to get on a plane and sit for hours on end to come back to a place I didn't want to be. So this is possibly the best thing that could have happened to me that night, as weird as that sounds, because it got me mostly out of my "I don't want to be in DC" mood. I also got to sit next to a really cool girl on the plane for the whole trip, yeah we're friends.
Ok, here's the background….a month or so ago, my roommate posted a picture of me and my car on facebook. I did an awesome parallel parking job that I was really proud of (in all honestly I have to admit it wasn't that great, but whatever, we just like taking pictures and I LOVE that car), so she took a picture, of course. Well, she tagged her friend, Shane in the picture because she had a similar picture of his parking job of her car in the same place from a long time ago. So the tag line on the pic. was, "Jennie parked perfect too. She wanted to have this rival Shane's parking job in the same spot in front of our house." So, I commented under the pic. "YAY for Black Beauty!" That's my car's name (yeah, she's hot and I look hot in her ).
(This isn't the pic, but I looked horrible, so I'm not putting it on here) Anyways, it started out innocent enough, but then our friend Mark and Alexis both commented on it, and Shane responded. So naturally, I had to give a sarcastic reply. I won't write that whole thing down, but it's very entertaining to read that whole commentary under that one stupid picture. Well my sarcastic reply incited Shane to challenge me to a fight to the death. Bring it on, buddy. One of my other friends complained that I like to start fights with their guy friends (which is probably true since guys are fun to fight with), but in all honesty in this case Shane totally started it, I swear. I may have kept it going, but hey, I'm competitive, if someone challenges me, I'm no wimp, I refuse to back down until it's over, and by over I mean, when I win. I do have at least 2 weaknesses, but I refuse to give those out, unless I'm asked by the right people, of course. So, Shane challenged me to a fight and told me that he was going to "administer unto [me] the kiss of death." Yeah, right. Good luck, buddy. I told him he could dig his own grave. So the consensus was that we would fight when he came to DC the weekend that I was returning from Utah.
I got back to DC on a Saturday night and my roommate told me she'd come get me because my brother bailed on me like the day before, lamesauce. So I went out on the curb to wait for Lex cuz she told me to call her when I landed cuz that's about when she needed to leave our house to get to the airport in time. Well a bunch of people from my plane and I were waiting, in the rain, imagine that in DC, haha. No offense to my roommate she was taking forever to get there, it probably only felt like that cuz I was exhausted. Come to find out later, they got lost in DC, and probably got a speeding ticket as well, I guess we'll find out if her parents get one in the mail. Oops So they finally pulled up and my roommate got out of the passenger side of her car which totally confused me, but she came flying at me and gave me a big hug and said she me missed me. I feel loved. I was too tired at this point to figure out why she wasn't driving, nor did I have the time to figure it out because the next thing I know Lex grabs my suitcase and all I see is Shane (who I recognized from pictures) come flying around the back of the car and come running at me. I didn't have time to react before he came around me and picked me up and carried me all the way to the car and threw me in the back seat. All the way I'm screaming/ laughing, "I don't even know you…put me down!!!" Apparently the people's expressions on the curb were priceless, my roommate was really sad they didn't have a video camera. I was glad she came and gave me a hug first otherwise those poor people would have thought I was being abducted. LOL….It was classic though. I literally got "picked up" from the airport. Nice first impression, huh?! So he proceeded for the rest of the night to try to kill me.
(Attempt #1- I'm trapping his hand right here to keep him from killing me with it). He found out about my sunburn later, good thing he didn't pick me up higher, besides the fact that that would have been awkward. Well, more awkward than it already was. Haha I might have killed him on the spot. I seriously radiated heat and was flamingly red. Yeah, I rock. It made for some interesting outfits for me for the next week or so. I didn't want to be touched though, much less wrestling with someone who wants to kill me, lovely.
(Attempt #2- friendly guy, huh, yeah we just met). Besides, it's only fun to get pinned if you get kissed, I like to say. Or as my friend Seth likes to change it to, it's only fun to get kissed if you get pinned, lol. I got dragged to another friend's house that night, by default (actually he wants to kill me too, go figure).
(Attempt #3- He looks like he's trying really hard, except I'm just laughing, maybe he should have tried harder). Unfortunately, I sat behind Shane in the car for the 10 minute drive to Corey's house. BAD idea! Wrestling matches over car seats aren't very effective, but they are kind of fun.
(This is like attempt #145 at the end of the night, he might have suceeded this time, but he reached through the headrest, duh). Luckily, Corey wasn't home, so I didn't have to deal with 2 guys trying to kill me in the same night, at least not that night. The next night, on the other hand, I was not so lucky. Shane, Corey, and I in a room is hazardous to my health.
(Me between the two of them...I look like I'm going to puke. This is a terrible picture of me). Don't get me wrong, I can totally defend myself and I'm not afraid of either guy, but them together is a little, how do I put this….disheartening. I was not in the mood to take on either guy, luckily it was mostly a verbal fight that night. That, I will take on any day, anytime.
(Ok, maybe it wasn't all verbal. This may or may not have been a picture in the middle of a pillow fight). Anyways…that's the story. We're both still alive and we live in different states, so it's all ok, at least until he comes to town again, j/k Shane…you know I like you, ok maybe not like, but tolerate. Only good friends get to see the Numa Numa Dance afterall, and you freakin' recorded it. BOOOO….that's blackmail, buddy (especially since I'm pretty sure I'm dressed like a skank in it, lovely). By the way, I am NOT putting the one from Lex's bday on YouTube no matter how badly Lex wants that other pic. off of Facebook.
Ok, here's the background….a month or so ago, my roommate posted a picture of me and my car on facebook. I did an awesome parallel parking job that I was really proud of (in all honestly I have to admit it wasn't that great, but whatever, we just like taking pictures and I LOVE that car), so she took a picture, of course. Well, she tagged her friend, Shane in the picture because she had a similar picture of his parking job of her car in the same place from a long time ago. So the tag line on the pic. was, "Jennie parked perfect too. She wanted to have this rival Shane's parking job in the same spot in front of our house." So, I commented under the pic. "YAY for Black Beauty!" That's my car's name (yeah, she's hot and I look hot in her ).
I got back to DC on a Saturday night and my roommate told me she'd come get me because my brother bailed on me like the day before, lamesauce. So I went out on the curb to wait for Lex cuz she told me to call her when I landed cuz that's about when she needed to leave our house to get to the airport in time. Well a bunch of people from my plane and I were waiting, in the rain, imagine that in DC, haha. No offense to my roommate she was taking forever to get there, it probably only felt like that cuz I was exhausted. Come to find out later, they got lost in DC, and probably got a speeding ticket as well, I guess we'll find out if her parents get one in the mail. Oops So they finally pulled up and my roommate got out of the passenger side of her car which totally confused me, but she came flying at me and gave me a big hug and said she me missed me. I feel loved. I was too tired at this point to figure out why she wasn't driving, nor did I have the time to figure it out because the next thing I know Lex grabs my suitcase and all I see is Shane (who I recognized from pictures) come flying around the back of the car and come running at me. I didn't have time to react before he came around me and picked me up and carried me all the way to the car and threw me in the back seat. All the way I'm screaming/ laughing, "I don't even know you…put me down!!!" Apparently the people's expressions on the curb were priceless, my roommate was really sad they didn't have a video camera. I was glad she came and gave me a hug first otherwise those poor people would have thought I was being abducted. LOL….It was classic though. I literally got "picked up" from the airport. Nice first impression, huh?! So he proceeded for the rest of the night to try to kill me.
(Attempt #1- I'm trapping his hand right here to keep him from killing me with it). He found out about my sunburn later, good thing he didn't pick me up higher, besides the fact that that would have been awkward. Well, more awkward than it already was. Haha I might have killed him on the spot. I seriously radiated heat and was flamingly red. Yeah, I rock. It made for some interesting outfits for me for the next week or so. I didn't want to be touched though, much less wrestling with someone who wants to kill me, lovely.
(This is like attempt #145 at the end of the night, he might have suceeded this time, but he reached through the headrest, duh). Luckily, Corey wasn't home, so I didn't have to deal with 2 guys trying to kill me in the same night, at least not that night. The next night, on the other hand, I was not so lucky. Shane, Corey, and I in a room is hazardous to my health.
(Ok, maybe it wasn't all verbal. This may or may not have been a picture in the middle of a pillow fight). Anyways…that's the story. We're both still alive and we live in different states, so it's all ok, at least until he comes to town again, j/k Shane…you know I like you, ok maybe not like, but tolerate. Only good friends get to see the Numa Numa Dance afterall, and you freakin' recorded it. BOOOO….that's blackmail, buddy (especially since I'm pretty sure I'm dressed like a skank in it, lovely). By the way, I am NOT putting the one from Lex's bday on YouTube no matter how badly Lex wants that other pic. off of Facebook.